Lawrence D. Ginsburg has represented domestic and international companies in corporate and securities law for over three decades. He has counseled clients in public and private offerings of equity, and has represented public and private companies, as acquirors and targets, in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures across a diverse range of industries.
He is also experienced in business formations, and the negotiation and structuring of joint venture, partnership and other general business arrangements. In summary, he counsels clients with respect to the structuring and documentation of a diverse range of commercial relationships.
Utilizing the complementary skills of the Firm’s Intellectual Property Section, Larry has represented a large number of clients that utilize technology in their products. He is also a member of the Firm’s Private Equity Section, and has extensive experience in representing investees in private equity transactions.
Larry has represented numerous developers of computer hardware in connection with public and private offerings of equity, as well as in OEM, distributor, reseller and other commercial relationships.
He has represented a number of software developers and telecom providers in connection with public and private offerings of equity, as well as counseling these entrepreneurs in a wide range of commercial activities, including the purchase and licensing of software technology, and agreements with respect to the marketing of software products.
Larry has represented meat packing plants and cattle feeding operations in connection with securities matters, financing, and mergers and acquisitions, and other commercial relationships.
Larry has represented European-based clients in connection with securities matters and mergers and acquisitions, both in the United States and Europe, as well as with respect to contractual relationships with United States counterparties.
He has represented United States-based clients in connection with the formation of enterprises in Central and South America, as well as day-to-day advice relating to the conduct of business activities in the Americas.
Larry is also involved in numerous charitable endeavors in the Dallas community, and most recently received the Community Relations Award of the Dallas Chapter of The American Jewish Committee (2004).
- Representation of publicly-owned and closely-held corporations and partnership clients as general counsel in a wide range of matters, as well as representation of such clients in matters involving mergers and acquisitions, and public and private offerings of debt and equity (including the representation of issuers and investors in private equity investments).
- Representation of investee involved in restoration services in connection with first round of private equity financing.
- Representation of European-based company whose shares are listed in the United States in connection with cross-border tender offer.
- Representation of seller in connection with the divestiture of a major meat packing enterprise, including issues arising under the Hart–Scott–Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976.
- Representation of developer of ethanol refinery in connection with its financing and construction.
- Representation of early stage technology enterprise in connection with recapitalization and later stage financings.
- Representation of numerous technology enterprises in connection with early and later stage financings.
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Former Chair, Corporate Counsel Section, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, 1972
- B.A., Political Science, cum laude, University of California, Los Angeles, 1969
Admissions : Texas, 1976
Rate : $$$