Mr. Lawrence A. Goldman counsels middle market and smaller public company clients on a broad array of corporate and transactional matters, focusing on mergers and acquisitions (domestic and cross-border); capital formation and finance; governance; private placements and securities law compliance; distressed business restructuring and the corporate aspects of bankruptcy reorganization; and the organization and governance of joint ventures.
He has substantial experience representing audit committees and other special board committees in corporate governance and internal investigation matters. He is a frequent speaker nationally on corporate matters, with a particular emphasis on the organization and operation of businesses as limited liability companies or other alternative entities.
He is the author of The New Jersey Limited Liability Company Forms and Practice Manual and has been engaged as an expert witness on alternative entity governance and other corporate issues in litigation arising from transactional matters. Mr. Goldman has held numerous leadership positions in the American Bar Association, Business Law Section. He chairs the firm’s Legal Opinion Committee.
As a legal advisor on a broad spectrum of corporate and transactional matters, Mr. Goldman:
- Acts as general outside counsel for closely-held middle market companies with global operations, in industries including graphic communications, food products packaging, and direct sales.
- Works with “family offices” on governance matters pertaining to controlled companies, the structure and implementation of strategic investments, and the design and implementation of equity-based incentive plans for key personnel.
- Represents stakeholders in distressed situations in the development and implementation of business restructurings and works with the firm’s Financial Restructuring & Creditors’ Rights Department on the corporate aspects of bankruptcy reorganization.
- Counsel to an international food service plastic products manufacturer in the acquisition, by way of merger, of a US-based competitor and the contemporaneous structuring and implementation of a syndicated worldwide working capital, construction, acquisition, and term credit facility.
- Counsel to direct sale cookware and home products company in the corporate governance and transactional issues incidental to the acquisition, by way of tender offer, of minority shareholder interests.
- Counsel to international telecommunications company in the restructure of a network service agreement and sale of an Anchorage, Alaska-based telecommunications company.
- Special counsel to board of directors of NYSE-Mkt listed corporation in connection with the Exchange’s review of irregular activity at an annual meeting and other corporate governance matters.
- Counsel to special committee of board of directors of pre-IPO international shipping corporation in connection with internal investigation of contract and related financial statement reporting irregularities.
- Special counsel to audit committee in connection with internal investigation of potential improper conduct by chief executive officer of Nasdaq NMS listed bank holding corporation.
- New York University School of Law (LL.M.)
- Boston University School of Law (J.D.)
- Colgate University (A.B., cum laude)
- State of New Jersey
- United States Tax Court
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- American Bar Association
- Standing Committee on Professionalism (Liaison from Business Law Section), 2013 –
- Governing Council, 2009-2013
- Business Law Advisors Committee
- Chair, 2009-2012
- Middle Market and Small Business
- Committee Chair, 2005-2008
- Programs Committee
- Vice Chair, 2013-2016
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Business Law Section
Rate : $$$