Lawrence Kotler practices in the area of reorganization and finance, representing chapter 11 debtors-in-possession, chapter 11 trustees, chapter 7 trustees, liquidating trustees, creditors’ committees, secured creditors and large institutional unsecured creditors in all facets of bankruptcy.
Mr. Kotler is currently serving as counsel for the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the Spectrum Alliance LP bankruptcy case as well as trustee’s counsel in the bankruptcy cases of Ira Pressman, PJI Distribution Corp., Image Masters, Inc., et al., Bayard Sales Corp., Quatro Systems, Inc., Fabulous Fitness, Inc., Jay Rosenblum, Michael Carr, Philip Moldofsky, Ken Brumberger and Boyertown Auto Body Inc., all pending in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
He also is representing the senior secured creditor in the bankruptcy case of Philadelphia Entertainment Development Partnersas well as serving as special litigation counsel to the liquidating trustee for the Sheehan Pipeline Liquidating Trust in a D&O action pending in the District Court of Tulsa County, State of Oklahoma.
A Fellow of the American College of Bankruptcy, Mr. Kotler is also certified as a business bankruptcy specialist by the American Board of Certification and is frequent speaker on bankruptcy and creditors’ rights issues.
Mr. Kotler is a member of the American Bankruptcy Law Institute, a member and past Chairman of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Conference and a member of the Delaware Inn of Courts.
He is currently an Executive Vice President of the Homeless Advocacy Project, a member and past President of the Consumer Bankruptcy Assistance Project as well as the Vice President of the Board of Trustees for the Gladwyne Library.
- Represented Unilife Corp. (NASDAQ: UNIS / ASX: UNS) in connection with its announced effort to seek strategic alternatives, culminating in a strategic collaboration with Amgen Inc. (NASDAQ: AMGN) for Unilife’s wearable injectable drug delivery systems to use with Amgen’s biologics and other medicines. The deal provides Unilife with investments of up to $90 million from Amgen and restructures Unilife’s existing debt with OrbiMed.
- Appointed by Judge Magdeline Coleman to mediate a dispute in the Leroy and Sheila Ellman bankruptcy case, Case No. 14-10648, and was able to broker a settlement of that dispute.
- Creditors’ Committee Counsel in the Chapter 11 Proceedings
- In re Orleans Homebuilders, Inc.
- In re Trico Steel Company, LLC
- Debtors’ Counsel:
- In re Bricolage Capital, LLC
- In re Raymond Alexander
- Secured Creditor’s Counsel:
- In re Philadelphia Entertainment Development Partners
- In re Creative Group, Inc.
- In re Adelphia Communications Corp.
- Represented Claims Recovery Group LLC, as assignee of Hormel Foods Corporation, in the AgFeed Industries Inc. bankruptcy cases and helped them collect on account of an assigned $2.8 million Hormel claim against the hog producer.
- Represented the landlord in the Fontana Automotive bankruptcy cases.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Fellow, American College of Bankruptcy
- Litigation Counsel of America
- American Bar AssociationPennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Law Institute
Rate : $$$$