Lawrence Ostema co-chairs the Energy Industry Group. He has served as counsel in a range of domestic and international project and corporate financings and mergers and acquisitions in the energy, telecom, high-technology, and manufacturing industries.
He has represented start-up, emerging growth, and public companies in venture capital and project financing, fund formation, technology transfer, mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances, management buyouts, and securities offerings.
His energy and infrastructure experience includes all aspects of the development and financing of thermal and renewable energy projects, including wind, solar, geothermal, hydro, waste-to-energy, natural gas and coal facilities, and natural gas pipelines.
His work on behalf of clean technology companies has included demand response; energy efficiency financing mechanisms; the generation, sale, and financing of environmental intangibles; and the regulatory analysis of new commercial opportunities.
- William & Mary Law School, JD (1992)
- Amherst College, BA, Economics, cum laude (1986)
Admissions : North Carolina
- Represented developers in development and financing of solar and cogeneration facilities
- Managed legal issues for energy efficiency program administration on behalf of utilities targeting the commercial sector
- Designed and managed the first leveraged State Energy Program-funded clean energy financing program
- Advised major municipality on Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) financing program
- Board of Directors, E4 Carolinas (2012-present)
- Board of Directors, U.S. Green Building Council, Charlotte Chapter (2009-2010)
- North Carolina Bar Association
Rate : $$$