Lawrence P. Rochefort is the chair of Akerman’s Litigation Practice Group, a leading team of trial lawyers advising companies in complex litigation and arbitration across the United States and Latin America. He represents financial institutions, developers, owners, contractors, insurers, and retailers in real estate, lending, and other disputes.
He is particularly adept at working with financial institutions, whether defending against lender liability claims or handling complex litigation, including lender liability defense, class action defense, Fair Credit Reporting Act litigation, replevins, judgment collection matters, proceedings supplementary, Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) litigation, breach of trust and breach of fiduciary duty litigation.
Client relationships include TD Bank, Wells Fargo, PNC, United Community Bank, Fifth Third Bank, CenterState Bank, Comerica, Santander Bank, Sun Life Financial, Publix Super Markets, and Home Dynamics Corporation.
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 1988, Order of the Coif
- B.A., Florida Atlantic University, 1985, with high honors
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County, Board of Directors and Vice President
- American Nystagmus Network, Board of Directors
Rate : $$$