Lawrence I. Weinstein is a partner in Proskauer’s Litigation Department. He is co-head of the Firm’s Intellectual Property Litigation Group, and also co-head of the Firm’s False Advertising & Trademark Group.
Larry is a distinguished trial lawyer and counselor who concentrates on Lanham Act and consumer class action false advertising litigation, advertising challenges before the National Advertising Division and the National Advertising Review Board, trademark, trade secret and copyright litigation and sports, art and other complex commercial cases.
Larry’s clients include medical device and pharmaceutical companies, consumer products companies, fashion retailers and other owners and advertisers of the world’s most well-recognized brands, as well as sports governing bodies, teams and leagues, gaming companies, an environmental organization, and art collectors.
Larry is a frequent speaker on the subject of litigating Lanham Act, consumer class action and NAD cases at the leading conferences on advertising law. Also a prolific author, he is the founder and an editor of Proskauer’s acclaimed advertising law blog, called Watch This Space: Proskauer on Advertising.
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 1978
- Editor, New York University Law Review, 1977-1978
- Johns Hopkins University, M.A., 1975
- Johns Hopkins University, B.A., 1974
Admissions & Qualifications : New York
Clerkships : U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit – Hon. James Hunter, III
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, New York, Eastern District
- U.S. District Court, New York, Southern District
- U.S. District Court, New York, Western District
- International Trademark Association
- American Bar Association (Private Advertising Law Committee of ABA Antitrust Section)
- National Advertising Review Council
Rate : $$$