Lawton Penn leads Davis Wright Tremaine’s efforts to modernize the delivery of legal services to provide more value to our clients’ businesses. She has also spent 25 years advising employers on all aspects of the employment relationship. She focuses on high-level, sensitive, employment matters working effectively with executives and boards of directors to resolve matters efficiently and privately.
She has extensive expertise in the area of medical leaves, disability accommodation, and pregnancy rights. She resolves employment disputes, develops policies and agreements, conducts investigations, trains managers, and finds creative solutions to ensure that employment issues do not distract the company from its core mission.
DWT De Novo is Davis Wright Tremaine’s dedicated legal solutions team. Lawton is an advocate for meeting our client’s changing needs and sees the power of combining excellent legal knowledge with technology, new staffing models, data analytics, and process improvement in order to deliver a more comprehensive solution.
Lawton champions firm-wide client engagement efforts, looking for companies interested in improving the delivery of legal services. She is a frequent speaker on the topic of law firms partnering with clients and other members of the legal community to help in-house counsel both create, and then communicate, value in a language that business understands.
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Barbara J. Rothstein, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- Davis Wright Tremaine Executive Committee, 8 years
- Chair, Davis Wright Tremaine Employment Law Practice Group, 2003-2007
- Davis Wright Tremaine Diversity Committee, 2000-2004
Professional & Community Activities:
- Advisory Board, American Employment Law Council
- Vice-president, Board of Directors, King County Sexual Assault Resource Center, 2015-present
- Board of Trustees, A Contemporary Theatre, 1995-2003
- American Bar Association
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law, 1991
- B.A., Economics, Stanford University, 1988, with distinction
Rate : $$$