Ms. Leah Rochwarg is a partner in the Construction Practice Group of Seyfarth Shaw LLP and is a LEED Accredited Professional. She possesses an understanding of green building practices and principles and familiarity with LEED requirements, resources, and processes which assists her in counseling public and private clients who either voluntarily or by virtue of local, state, or federal requirements seek to design, construct, or renovate utilizing green or sustainable building practices.
Ms. Rochwarg’s practice focuses on the representation of construction, energy, and real estate industry clients, with an emphasis on construction and commercial litigation and construction law. She is a member of the firm’s Alternative Energy and Climate Change Group and member of Massachusetts Bar Association’s Energy and Environmental Task Force.
She also has extensive experience in handling complex construction and commercial litigation, arbitration and mediation for public and private owners, contractors, design professionals, subcontractors, and suppliers. Transactional practice includes negotiation of solar power purchase agreements, drafting and negotiation of contracts construction, design, project and construction management, disaster response, remediation, and repair.
She has also served as project counsel to clients throughout the development and construction process; advising clients regarding design and construction services procurement; bid protest issues; claims for delay/disruption, defective design and construction, payment and performance issues, payment and performance bond enforcement, insurance disputes; advise clients regarding risk management and conflict avoidance measures.
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law (1991)
- B.S., University of Lowell (1987)
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy, National Trial Skills Session (2005)
- Boston Bar Association (Construction Law Committee)
- CPR Institute for Dispute Resolution, Boston Panel of Distinguished Neutrals
- Massachusetts Bar Association, (Energy and Environmental Task Force)
- National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC), Member and Prior Board Member
- New England Women in Real Estate (NEWIRE)
Rate : $$$