Leah R. Bruno is the Managing Partner of Dentons’ Chicago office. A member of the firm’s Litigation and Disputes practice group, Leah has extensive litigation experience in a wide variety of commercial disputes. She has handled the defense of consumer and insurance class actions at both the state and federal levels.
Leah has particular experience in false advertising consumer class actions as well as competitor disputes relating to intellectual property matters, including copyright, trademark, false advertising and other related areas.
In addition, Leah also litigates First Amendment and reputational issues. Her approach to litigation is both pragmatic and client-focused. She takes the time to understand her clients’ objectives before developing a strategy to achieve the best result. Whether that result is a favorable trial verdict or an out-of-court resolution, she has the experience and judgment to navigate her clients to their ultimate goal.
Leah represents clients in pretrial, trial and appellate proceedings. She has also handled numerous false advertising challenges before the National Advertising Division of the Better Business Bureau, as well as proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the US Patent and Trademark Office.
Leah has led all aspects of complex discovery matters, engaging in extensive motion practice and coordinating all aspects of broad-ranging nationwide discovery, including e-discovery issues and compliance. Her experience also includes drafting and preparing briefs for all levels of state and federal appellate courts including the US Supreme Court.
Her representative past and present clients include Allstate Insurance Company, DHL, Inc., The Tribune Companies, S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc., Schwarz Supply Source, Sears Holdings Corp. and Simon Property Group.
- DePaul University College of Law, 1999, JD, with highest honors; Order of the Coif; Editor of Notes and Comments, DePaul Law Review
- Northwestern University, 1996, BA
- Trinity College, University of Oxford, 1995, AS
Admissions and qualifications:
- US Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- US District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- US Supreme Court
- Board of Directors, American Civil Liberties Union, Illinois Chapter
- Chicago Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association
Rate : $$$