Leah Fiorenza McNeill is an associate in the firm’s Bankruptcy, Restructuring, and Creditors’ Rights Group. Her restructuring and bankruptcy experience includes representation of distressed companies, Chapter 7 trustees, Chapter 11 liquidating trustees, creditors’ committees, and secured and unsecured creditors.
Her experience includes litigation and appeals related to bankruptcy and insolvency matters in federal district court, bankruptcy court, and state court. In addition, Ms. McNeill has experience in out-of-court workouts, liquidations, and other restructuring matters.
Ms. McNeill also practices in the firm’s Commercial Litigation Group. She represents lenders, financial institutions, and businesses in complex finance disputes, including loan defaults, real estate transactions, and breach of contract claims. She is experienced in all stages of litigation, including motions practice, mediation, discovery, trial preparation, and appellate briefing and oral argument.
Ms. McNeill also has particular expertise in the Food and Beverage industry, having been involved in several transactions and litigation matters for restaurants, food distributors, and other industry players.
Ms. McNeill is also a contributing editor to Norton’s Bankruptcy Law and Practice, the leading treatise in her field; she is also a co-author of a new chapter in the Norton’s treatise entitled “Depositions,” forthcoming January 2016.
- Mercer University, J.D., cum laude, 2009
- University of Georgia, B.A., 2006
- Georgia, 2009
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
Professional Affiliations :
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation – Member
- State Bar of Georgia, Bankruptcy Section – Member
- American Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section – Member
- Atlanta Bar, Bankruptcy Section – Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute – Member
Rate : $$$$