Leah Lively represents employers in claims of harassment, discrimination, retaliation, wrongful discharge, and wage and hour violations. She counsels a wide range of employers, from Fortune 100 companies to non-profit organizations and locally-owned businesses. Leah has tried more than 40 jury trials in multiple states and jurisdictions during her career.
In addition to her focus on defending single-plaintiff employment claims, Leah has significant experience defending wage and hour claims, including class actions. She has served as lead defense counsel in a putative wage/hour misclassification class action in Oregon and co-managed the defense of a 40,000 putative class-member case for a national restaurant chain in California.
- Shareholder, Ogletree Deakins, Portland, Ore., 2010-2017
- Shareholder, Lane Powell, Portland, Ore. 2008-2010
- Associate, Paul Hastings, San Diego, Ca., 2008-2010
- Associate, Lane Powell, Portland, Ore, 2001-2006
- Deputy District Attorney, Multnomah County, Ore, 1996-2000
Professional & Community Activities:
- American Employment Law Counsel, 2010-present
- Board of Director, Oregon Hunter Jumper Association
- J.D., Lewis & Clark Law School, 1996
- National Champion Team, Environmental Moot Court
- B.S., Agriculture Business, California Polytechnic State University, 1993, with honors
Rate : $$$$