Leander A. Dolphin is a member of the firm’s seven-person Management Committee and serves as Co-Chair of the firm’s Committee on Diversity and Inclusion.
Leander is a partner in the firm’s School Law practice group and represents public school districts, independent schools, and colleges and universities in education and employment matters, including student discipline, sexual harassment (Title IX) matters, disability-related matters, employee discipline and discharge, special education disputes, and investigations.
In addition, she represents clients in claims before state and federal courts and administrative agencies. Leander also represents private and non-profit clients in employment litigation matters, and provides counseling in employment law to clients in both the private and public sectors.
Leander previously served as Vice President, HR & General Counsel at Girl Scouts of Connecticut, developing an HR infrastructure and assisting the organization in navigating various corporate, real estate, contractual, and employment issues to successful results.
Leander has conducted numerous professional development workshops for private and public sector clients on topics such as sexual harassment, bullying, special education, disability discrimination, and confidentiality issues.
- American Bar Association: Litigation; Young Lawyers
- Connecticut Bar Association: Labor & Employment Section
- National Bar Association: Commercial Law Section
- National School Boards Association: Council of School Attorneys
- Connecticut School Attorneys Council
- National Association of College and University Attorneys
- George W. Crawford Black Bar Association: Member, Board of Directors (2007-2008); Secretary (2005-2007)
- Howard University School of Law, J.D., 2004
- Wesleyan University, B.A., 1999, high honors
Rate : $$$