Lee N. Abrams concentrates his practice on antitrust, franchising and commercial litigation (including international and domestic arbitrations). His antitrust representations have included counseling and defending some of the world’s largest companies. He has also represented the plaintiff’s side in major antitrust litigation.
Lee’s antitrust experience includes counseling on mergers; distribution questions; Justice Department, FTC and state attorneys general investigations; and other antitrust issues.
Best Lawyers in America selected Lee as the Franchise Law Lawyer of the Year in Chicago for 2017. According to Chambers USA “senior lawyer Lee Abrams is universally regarded as excellent in antitrust matters. Sources agree that the firm benefits greatly from his experience and expertise.”
Lee’s franchising litigation and counseling experience has involved work for numerous major franchisors, franchisees and franchisee associations. He has also litigated major commercial cases, including significant intellectual property cases, in federal and state courts throughout the United States.
- The University of Michigan Law School, JD, with highest distinction
- University of Michigan, AB
- US Tax Court
- US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- US Supreme Court
- Member, American Arbitration Association Panel of Arbitrators and Mediators
- American Bar Association: Chairman, Forum on Franchising, 1982-1985; Vice Chair, Section of Antitrust Law, 1991-1992; Finance Officer and Council Member, 1977-1981; Chairman, FTC Committee, 1974-1977; Program Chairman, 1988-1991; Section of Business Law, Chairman, Antitrust Committee, 1995-1999
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
Rate : $$$$