Lee Allison has worked on the United States federal income tax aspects of domestic and international mergers and acquisitions including leveraged acquisitions; private equity, venture capital and mezzanine debt fund formations; private equity and venture capital investments and securities offerings. He has also worked on several other matters, including the restructuring of financially distressed companies.
- JD, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, 1997; Managing Editor,Northwestern University Law Review
- BA, University of Pennsylvania, 1992
ADMISSIONS : New York, 1998
MEMBERSHIP & AFFILIATIONS : New York State Bar Association, Member of the Executive Committee – Co-Chair of Treaties and Intergovernmental Agreements and former Co-Chair of “Inbound” U.S. Activities of Foreign Taxpayers
- Represented TPG Growth and JMI Equity on the sale of portfolio company PowerPlan Inc. (a software company) to Thoma Bravo.
- Represented Specialty orthopedics company Wright Medical Group Inc. in its offering of $632.5 million of cash convertible senior notes and its notes hedge transactions and warrant transactions.
- Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Telestream, a Nevada City, Calif.-based provider of live and on-demand digital video tools and workflow solutions, from Thoma Bravo.
- Represented IMS Health Holdings Inc. in connection with its initial public offering, which generated proceeds of $1.5 billion to IMS Health and the selling stockholders, including TPG Capital, CPP Investment Board, and Leonard Green & Partners.
- Represented HIG Capital in its $392 million tender offer to acquire American Pacific Corporation (AMPAC), a leading custom manufacturer of fine chemicals and specialty chemicals.
- Represented Bain Capital in its sale of Applied Systems, Inc. to Hellman & Friedman for approximately $1.8 billion.
- Represented KarpReilly in the sale of Bob’s Discount Furniture to Bain Capital for a reported amount around $350 million.
- Represented Wright Medical Technology in its $290 million sale of its OrthoRecon Business to China-based MicroPort Medical BV, a subsidiary of MicroPort Scientific Corp.
- Represented Caraustar Industries, Inc., a portfolio company of HIG Capital, in its acquisition of The Newark Group, Inc.
- Represented TPG Growth in its growth equity investment in SurveyMonkey, Inc., an online market research and survey company, and in certain subsequent transactions of SurveyMonkey, Inc..
- Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition of LexisNexis Risk Solutions insurance software division creating new company Insurity Inc.
- Represented Affiliated Managers Group Inc. in its acquisition of Highbury Financial, the public company parent of Aston Asset Management.
- Represented Huntsman Gay Global Capital in its acquisition of Sunquest Information Systems, Inc., a provider of health care information systems.
Rate : $$$$