Lee Ann Dillon is a banking & finance partner in Reed Smith’s Financial Industry Group, and the head of the firm’s leveraged finance practice in New York. She is the relationship partner for two global financial institutions.
Although her practice is principally based in New York City, as a member of both the Reed Smith Latin America and India Business Teams, Lee Ann is regularly retained for transactions with parties in Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
Lee Ann focuses her practice on representing arrangers, agents, trustees, lenders and borrowers across a broad spectrum of corporate finance transactions, including secured and unsecured lending arrangements; leveraged, investment-grade and acquisition financings; cross-border and multi-currency financings; funds finance; project and infrastructure finance; mezzanine finance; debt restructurings and recapitalizations.
Lee Ann has extensive experience in a wide variety of financing transactions, including:
- Advising financial institutions in healthcare financings transactions involving hospitals, HMOs, managed care companies, physician groups, rehabilitation companies, radiology centers, medical services companies, medical device manufacturers, drug manufacturers, biotech companies and insurance and other benefits companies.
- Advising indenture trustees, agents and related counterparties in their roles on project and infrastructure financings (including loans and bonds) domestically and in Latin America.
- Advising financial institutions in the area of funds and subscription finance, including equity bridge, capital call, co-investment, on-lend, and subscription lines.
- Advising financial institutions in domestic and cross-border syndicated and bilateral credit facilities across numerous industries.
Clients rely on Lee Ann to manage, structure, document, negotiate and close complicated financing transactions considering their legal protections. She is immersed and invested in client needs and business objectives. She is a pragmatic strategist and partner, solution-oriented as well as cost and efficiency focused.
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, 1983, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1979, B.A.
Professional Admissions & Qualifications :
- New York
- North Carolina
- Represented the lead arranger in a $100 million senior secured debt financing for the leveraged recapitalization of a radiology services company owned by a private equity fund.
- Represented a global financial institution on a $250 million co-investment facility to the partners of a large private equity fund.
- Represented a lender in a $400 million revolving credit facility made available to a commodities fund in the form of commercial and standby letters of credit.
- Represented the lead arranger in a $155 million senior secured debt financing and $41 million mezzanine financing to a provider of dental and other medical insurance.
- Represented the lead arranger in connection with a $125 million U.S. dollar and Canadian dollar senior secured debt financing to a pharmaceutical company.
- Represented the lead arranger in numerous syndicated capital call/subscription facilities for private equity funds, with commitments ranging from $500 million to $750 million.
- Represented the lead arranger in a $350 million senior debt financing to a Blue Cross Blue Shield company.
Rate : $$$