Lee A. Casey performs appellate work for clients, while also maintaining a practice in the areas of administrative law, compliance counseling and foreign-related litigation. He works with companies to ensure compliance with federal and international regulations and agencies and develops the best strategies to avoid or fight litigation.
With a thorough understanding of his clients’ industries and business positions, Lee helps create compliance and litigation strategies that achieve client objectives as efficiently as possible.
- Represents a corporation on an ongoing basis regarding administrative concerns related to the Clean Air Act. Attends agency meetings and analyzes Environmental Protection Agency regulations applicable to the client and its operations. Protects the client’s interests during administrative processes, including instances where governmental agencies and the client have conflicting agendas.
- Assists companies, including international consulting and oil and gas companies, in domestic and international Foreign Corrupt Practices Act compliance counseling. Observes companies’ operations and internal workings to plan and face potential concerns before they become larger issues.
- Defended a Bivens action brought against former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld during representation before the Fourth Circuit.
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School, 1982, cum laude
- B.A., Oakland University, 1979, magna cum laude
- District of Columbia, 1995
- California, 1985
Rate : $$$$