Lee Nelson is a partner in the Tampa office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the statewide Real Estate Practice Group. Lee regularly represents banks, financial institutions, New York Stock Exchange and closely-held companies, as well as multinational, national and local developers in a variety of complex transactional matters. He negotiates, structures and closes deals involving the:
- sale and acquisition of improved property, such as Class A office buildings, shopping centers and industrial parks;
- acquisition, financing and development of multi-phased and mixed-use projects;
- development joint ventures;
- office, retail and industrial leases;
- master project permitting and entitlements, including annexations, development agreements and environmental resource permits;
- construction and working capital lending, as well as debt restructuring;
- corporate asset sales, acquisition and finance; and,
- other sophisticated business matters.
Lee is the current president of the Real Estate Investment Council and he previously served as legal counsel for the Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce. He has received the Hillsborough County Bar’s Pro Bono Community Counsel Award and Nehemiah Award for Distinguished Community Service. He’s also a regular guest speaker at conferences, recently moderating a panel on the future of construction and development.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- Real Estate Investment Council
- President, 2016—2017
- Board Member, 2015—present
- Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce
- Co-Chair of International Business Committee, 2016—present
- Legal Counsel, 2015—2016
- Board Member, 2012—2016
- Co-Chair of Public Policy, 2013—2015
- Downtown Rotary Club of Tampa, 2003—present
- Director, Executive Board of The Center for Real Estate Education & Research at Florida State University, 2015
- Former Executive Council Member, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Wake Forest University, J.D.
- The Order of Barristers
- National Trial Team
- National Moot Court Team
- Wake Forest University, B.A.
Rate : $$$