Lee has extensive experience counseling distributors and franchisors, including drafting and negotiating franchise agreements for complex international and domestic transactions and advising clients on all aspects of franchise and distribution law.
Lee also counsels clients on the application of technology to franchise and distribution systems. He focuses his attention on matters such as social networking and social media issues, e-commerce, data use and security policies, cybersquatting and domain name disputes, consumer complaint and cybersmear sites, as well as software and hardware licensing. In addition, he represents clients in matters before the Federal Trade Commission.
Since 2008, the International Franchise Association Educational Foundation has recognized Lee as a “Certified Franchise Executive.”
London-based Who’s Who Legal has consistently named Lee as one of the Global 10 “Most Highly Regarded Individuals” among franchise lawyers worldwide in its publication The International Who’s Who of Franchise Lawyers.
- American Bar Association
- Director, International Franchiseand Distribution Division (2012-14), Forum on Franchising
- Board of Trustees, Clark University (2016-)
- International Bar Association
- International Franchise Association
- Merchant-Cybersecurity Working Group on Cyber Risk Mitigation (IFA representative)
- President’s Council on Year 2000 Conversion (IFA representative)
- Information Technology Committee
- FIN46 Working Group
- Social Media Task Force
- PCI Compliance Task Force
- 2012 Convention Planning Committee
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- New York State Bar Association
- Subcommittee on Revisions to the NY Franchise Law
- Virginia State Bar
- New York Law School (J.D., cum laude)
- Clark University (B.A.)
Rate : $$$