Leia V. Leitner is an experienced complex commercial litigator in both federal and state courts. Her practice focuses on qui tam actions under the federal False Claims Act, government investigations, and trademark infringement litigation matters.
Leia received her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from University of California, San Diego and her J.D. from Florida A&M University College of Law in Orlando, Florida. While studying for her J.D., Leia served as the Community Service Chair for Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity. She was also a member of the Hispanic American Legal Association and Asian-Pacific American Law Student Association.
During her law school career, Leia earned a book award in her third year upper-level legal writing class, which led to a position as a Research Assistant at FAMU, where she made academic contributions to the law school by assisting Professor Ann Marie B. Cavazos, Director of Clinical Programs and Associate Professor of Law, with legal research for submissions for law review articles.
Leia brings in a wide range of legal knowledge working as a litigator and general counsel at various law firms in Central Florida, specializing in the areas of condominium and homeowners’ association law, personal injury, and complex business litigation.
- Florida A&M University, J.D.
- University of California, B.A.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- Federal Bar Association, 2018-2019 Board Member; Communications Director
- Greater Orlando of Asian American Bar Association, 2018-2019 Board Member; President-Elect
- Orange County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section; 2018-2019 Co-Chair OCBA YLS Charity Putt-Putt Tournament, Social Committee Member
- Lake Mary Woods Homeowners’ Association, 2018-2019 Board Member
Rate : $$$$