Leif R. Sigmond helps clients with intellectual property litigation and counseling. He has served as first chair in litigation, leading teams of up to 10 plus attorneys in matters involving the electrical, mechanical and software fields in district court, Federal Circuit appeals and appearances before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
Believing in the importance of being fully prepared to go to trial if necessary, Leif is driven to achieve the best possible results for his clients and prides himself in looking for business solutions to resolve disputes.
- As first chair, obtained a jury verdict for more than $15 million in favor of a software company suing a competitor for patent infringement. The case was affirmed on appeal.
- Enforced a patent against multiple infringers of a client’s internet video software application, obtaining settlements from many infringers.
- Secured a default judgment and sanctions of $1 million against a patent infringer on behalf of an electronic trading software company.
- Obtained summary judgments for a maker of cable television set-top boxes that was sued for alleged patent infringement in two separate cases.
- Represented a law firm accused of copyright infringement and obtained a dismissal with prejudice.
- Represented a maker of fiber-optic cable troughs in design and utility patent litigation.
- American Bar Association
- PTAB Bar Association
- Licensing Executives Society
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
Community : Chicago Yacht Club: Commodore
- J.D., Delaware Law School – Widener University, magna cum laude; Delaware Journal of Corporate Law, Administrative Board, Business Manager
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Lafayette College
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Trial Bar
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- New Jersey
- New York.
Rate : $$$$