Leigh Ann Massey concentrates her practice in the area of product liability. She has handled matters in the aerospace, energy, pharmaceutical and medical device industries, as well as matters involving premises liability and personal injury.
She handles all aspects of pre-trial and trial litigation, including motion practice, discovery, depositions and expert witness development. She also has handled matters before administrative agencies and in mediation.
She was a law clerk for the Hon. James F. Kanatzar of the Missouri Circuit Court, 16th Judicial District, Jackson County. Before joining Shook, she was an associate at two other Kansas City-area law firms.
During law school, Leigh Ann was a research associate for a global pro bono law firm in Washington, D.C., which provided free legal assistance to states and governments involved in peace negotiations, post-conflict democratic transition and the development of tribunals for the prosecution of war criminals.
She also participated in the Women and the Law clinical program, which allowed her the opportunity to represent women facing legal challenges in area courts.
- J.D., cum laude, American University Washington College of Law, 2013
- Health Law and Policy Institute Certificate: Reproductive Technologies and the Law
- Women and the Law Clinic
- B.S., University of Kansas, 2010 (Marketing, International Business and Italian)
- Dean’s Certificate in International Business
- Global Awareness Program
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ross T. Roberts Trial Academy, Graduate (2017-2018)
- Association of Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City
- Lead to Read Volunteer, Garfield Elementary School (2017-2019)
- Friends of the Kansas City Public Library
- Clerk for the Hon. James F. Kanatzar, Missouri Circuit Court, 16th Judicial District, Jackson County
Rate : $$$