Leigh Ann Wilson focuses her practice in the areas of employee benefits and executive compensation, with a focus on health and welfare as well as qualified retirement plans. She delivers practical advice to her clients and provides them with real-world solutions to often technical situations involving the integration of benefit plans, legal compliance, compensation programs and retirement plans.
She counsels clients of all sizes, including both for-profit and tax-exempt organizations and government entities, as well as publicly traded and privately held companies. Leigh Ann is a Certified Employee Benefits Specialist.
- Counseled and assisted clients in strategic planning for and complying with the various requirements of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, i.e., healthcare reform, as well as other health and welfare plan initiatives, such as the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act, COBRA, the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and the Family and Medical Leave Act.
- Represented and assisted client in preparing and filing required Department of Insurance filings and licensure materials for a multiple employer welfare arrangement in Ohio and Indiana.
- Assisted and advised clients in preparing and updating governing documents for their qualified retirement plans, as well as preparing determination letter submissions to the IRS.
- Represented and assisted clients in the preparation for and successful completion of audits of their retirement and/or health plans by the Department of Labor and the IRS.
- Assisted clients with compliance issues, including nondiscrimination rules applicable to their employee benefit plans, as well as completing and submitting voluntary compliance filings.
- Counseled clients on appropriate corporate governance structures and training on fiduciary duty obligations.
- Assisted and counseled clients on nonqualified, deferred compensation arrangements and executive compensation programs, including compliance with Internal Revenue Code Section 409A.
- International Society of Certified Employee Benefits Specialists, Central Ohio Chapter: Past President
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association, Employee Benefits Committee
- LL.M., John Marshall Law School, 2000, with honors
- J.D., Capital University Law School, 1999, cum laude
- B.A., University of Mount Union, 1981, magna cum laude
Admissions : Ohio, 1999
Rate : $$$$