Leigh Bausinger represents industrial, manufacturing, municipal, public utility, and solid waste clients. She has experience with actions under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA), the Clean Water Act, the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), Pennsylvania’s Clean Streams Law and Hazardous Sites Cleanup Act (HSCA), New Jersey’s Spill Compensation and Control Act, and Brownfields laws in Pennsylvania and New York.
Leigh is closely involved with providing regulatory advice at sites undergoing active remediation, including several large CERCLA sediment sites on the East Coast, due diligence for transactions involving complex environmental issues, and common law tort and contract claims stemming from environmental and property issues.
While in law school, Leigh’s case note, Welcome to the (Impenetrable) Jungle: Massachusetts v. EPA, the Clean Air Act, and the Common Law of Nuisance, 53 VILL. L. REV. 527 (2008) was published in the Villanova Law Review.
- Provided regulatory advice related to site investigation and remediation of manufactured gas plant sites in Pennsylvania and New York.
- Mediated to a successful settlement common law property damage claims arising out of petroleum contamination in California.
- Advised on redevelopment of contaminated properties in New York and Pennsylvania.
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Villanova Law Review
- Tufts University, B.S., magna cum laude
Bar Admissions : New Jersey, Pennsylvania
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Rate : $$$