Leigh R. Fraser, co-leader of the firm’s hedge funds group, focuses her practice on issues related to hedge funds and derivatives. She advises a variety of financial institutions, including hedge funds, investment advisors, mutual funds, and endowments, on derivatives and arrangements with brokers and custodians.
Leigh also has significant experience forming onshore and offshore private funds, and advising these entities and their sponsors on an ongoing basis with respect to regulatory matters and structuring new investment products.
- JD, magna cum laude, Harvard Law School, 1996
- AB, magna cum laude, Harvard University, 1993; Phi Beta Kappa
- New York
- Advises many “buy side” clients, including hedge funds, mutual funds, investment advisers, and endowments, with respect to the anticipated impact of the derivatives provisions of the Dodd-Frank Act and related rulemakings.
- Represents investment advisory firms with respect to the launch and operation of their range of onshore and offshore hedge funds, including equity funds, fixed income funds, currency funds, asset allocation funds, and funds that invest in illiquid assets.
- Represents a preeminent U.K. investment advisor with respect to its U.S. private funds and offering of its European funds on a private placement basis in the United States.
- Regularly advises our hedge fund clients on the negotiation of prime brokerage agreements and term commitments.
Rate : $$$