Pillsbury partner Leo T. Crowley, leader of the firm’s Insolvency & Restructuring practice, is known as an accomplished counselor and advocate in high-profile engagements in insolvency, commercial litigation and health care.
A veteran of contested matters and adversary proceedings in federal and state courts, Leo is also skilled in structuring out-of-court workouts. He represented major creditor constituencies in some of the largest bankruptcies in the airline and financial services industries.
He is especially well-known for his representation of corporate trustees in insolvency and litigation matters. Leo also represents health care clients in corporate matters, including Medicare reimbursement litigation, regulatory and compliance issues, and investigations.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Representing a residential mortgage-backed securities trustee in litigation involving $900 million in disputed mortgage insurance claims.
- Provided counsel to the unsecured creditors of a listed medical device company, and debtor’s counsel to a laboratory testing company, in two Bankruptcy District of Delaware Chapter 11 cases.
- Advised senior steering committee representatives on a prenegotiated Chapter 11 of a NYSE-listed master limited partnership.
- Medicare reimbursement case which invalidated the regulations governing sole community hospitals
- Successful challenge to method of Medicare reimbursement for physicians under the Teaching Amendment
- Regulatory advice and representation in mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures, including formation of integrated delivery systems, industry roll ups, and for profit/not-for-profit joint ventures
- J.D., Boston University School of Law, 1980
- A.B., Vassar College, 1977
ADMISSIONS : New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd and 10th Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
Rate : $$$$