Mr. Leo Q. Li is an associate in the Los Angeles office of Seyfarth Shaw LLP. He is a member of the Labor & Employment Department and focuses his practice on wage & hour class action and collective action litigation, employment discrimination, retaliation, harassment, wrongful termination, misclassification, breach of contract, disability, reasonable accommodation and access issues, and unfair business practice litigation under California Business & Professions Code Section 17200 in both state and federal court.
Mr. Li has successfully defeated class certification and obtained summary judgment in several wage and hour class action cases. Mr. Li has also negotiated and obtained several favorable settlements in both class action and single plaintiff litigations.
Mr. Li has successfully defended both domestic and foreign employers in a wide array of industries, including industrial manufacturing, distribution and manufacturing logistics, education, insurance, aerospace, retail, restaurant, natural resources, and professional environmental services.
Mr. Li also has assisted companies in large employment-related transactions such as wage & hour compliance audits, DLSE audits and investigations, and contract negotiations, as well as advising employers with respect to employment policies and employee handbooks. Mr. Li is fluent in Mandarin Chinese.
- J.D., Loyola Law School at Los Angeles (2013)
- Editor, Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review
- Loyola Jesuit Community Scholar
- Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association Scholar
- Extern to Hon. Dolly M. Gee, U.S. District Court For the Central District Of California
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley (2008)
- State Bar of California – Labor and Employment Section
Rate : $$$