Leopoldo J. Yanez is an associate in business litigation in Baker Donelson’s New Orleans office. Mr. Yanez’s practice covers the range of complex litigation, including securities, shareholder and corporate disputes; breach of contract, fraud and other economic torts; avoidance and recovery of fraudulent conveyances under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code; and advisory work in the context of government, regulatory and internal investigations, with a focus on FCPA compliance.
His practice has also encompassed representation of defendants in personal injury cases brought under the Jones Act. Mr. Yanez has represented clients before state and federal courts throughout the United States. His clients have spanned a wide variety of industries, including pharmaceutical, telecommunications, mobile games, and oil and gas.
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2010
- University of Virginia, B.A. in Foreign Affairs, 2004
- Louisiana, 2016
- New York, 2011
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Successfully defended a leading insurance brokerage firm in a multimillion dollar breach of contract declaratory judgment action, resulting in full dismissal of claims against client.
- Represented a FINRA member firm and associated person in arbitration involving claims of aiding and abetting breaches of fiduciary duty and alleged FINRA and securities violations, resulting in a favorable settlement.
- Ongoing representation of the nation’s largest aggregates company in numerous state and federal court actions related to the Bayou Corne Sinkhole.
- Represented a major solar energy provider in a breach of contract declaratory judgment action arising out of an agreement to provide energy services to customers in New York, resulting in a settlement on favorable terms for the client.
- Defended a leading major oil and gas company in multiple state and federal personal injury suits arising out of oil spill response efforts, resulting in multiple suits being dismissed pre-trial.
- Represented a major national broadband and telecommunications provider in a fraudulent transfer action arising out of a spin-off and merger agreement to sell and purchase telephone landlines in Northern New England.
Rate : $$$