Les Raatz is a member of the law firm of Dickinson Wright PLLC in Phoenix. He practices primarily in the areas of estate planning, probate and trust administration, divorce tax and asset planning, and entity structuring, and taxation.
Mr. Raatz has significant experience representing many hundreds of business clients and their families in connection with estate and tax planning. He is a national author and speaker at numerous seminars on areas of income, estate and gift taxation, probate and trust issues, and selection of business entities. He is a licensed attorney in Arizona. After graduation from law school, he practiced as a Certified Public Accountant with KPMG Peat Marwick, CPAs.
Mr. Raatz is a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC). He is listed in Best Lawyers in America in fields of Tax Law and is 2016 and 2018 Lawyer of the Year – Phoenix in the area of Trusts and Estates. He is certified as a Tax Specialist by the Board of Legal Specialization of the State Bar of Arizona.
He was President of the Central Arizona Estate Planning Council, Chair of the Probate and Trust Law Section of the State Bar of Arizona, Chair of its Arizona Trust Code Comment Committee, and Chair of the Tax Advisory Commission for the Board of Legal Specialization, and a member of the Probate Rules Committee of the Arizona Supreme Court.
- University of Illinois,B.S., Accountancy, 1974
- University of Illinois, J.D., 1977
- Former Chair, Probate and Trust Law Section of the State Bar of Arizona, Arizona Trust Code Comment Committee, and Tax Advisory Commission for the Board of Legal Specialization
- Former President, Central Arizona Estate Planning Council
- Member, Taxation Section of the American Bar Association
- Member, Taxation and Probate and Real Property Sections of the State Bar of Arizona
- Former Member, Probate Rules Committee of the Arizona Supreme Court
Rate : $$$