Leslie Belcher offers clients nearly 30 years of public and private sector experience advising members of Congress, directing government relations campaigns for a variety of clients.
She advises clients on the development and implementation of federal legislative strategies, with a focus on appropriations, tax, trade, energy, and health issues, and helps clients establish their Washington presence
Leslie has a deep understanding of the legislative process and the subtle nuances of the Republican Conference and how that intersects with policy decisions.
She previously served as chief of staff for Reps. Tom Cole and Wes Watkins and a legislative director for Rep. Bill Brewster.
Additionally, as a former founding Blue Dog legislative director for Rep. Brewster, Leslie can effectively provide clients with a bipartisan approach, as needed.
- Increased direct federal appropriations by 65% to a large public university.
- Obtained earmarks for economic development projects, research projects, homeland security and defense applications, and highway projects.
- Worked on legislation providing disaster relief assistance to Gulf Coast industries.
- Chief of Staff, Congressman Tom Cole
- Chief of Staff, Congressman Wes Watkins
- Legistlative Director, Congressman Bill Brewster
- Assistant Director, Federal Relations, Oklahoma State University
- B.S., Oklahoma State University, 1988, Journalism
Rate : $$$