Leslie Demaree Goldsmith is a shareholder in Baker Donelson’s Baltimore office. Ms. Goldsmith brings more than 30 years of experience to her practice, representing health care providers such as hospitals, home health agencies, hospices and skilled nursing facilities.
She provides advice on Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement and regulatory issues involving conditions of payment and conditions of participation. Ms. Goldsmith’s diverse experience includes issues involving PPS, provider-based status, wage index, bad debt, quality data, medical education, DSH, and cost allocation, as well as billing and claims issues, the Two-Midnight rule, quality reporting, telemedicine, 340B and Medicare bundled payments.
She regularly represents clients before the Provider Reimbursement Review Board, CMS Administrator and federal courts. Ms. Goldsmith also provides advice on compliance issues related to potential overpayments and the False Claims Act involving alleged improper billing and fraudulent cost reports.
Ms. Goldsmith is the co-chair of Baker Donelson’s Health Care Reimbursement Group and is co-editor of Payment Matters, Baker Donelson’s publication on Medicare and Medicaid payment issues. She is the author of numerous articles on health care topics that have been published in legal and health care financial journals and is a frequent speaker at industry conferences. Nightingale’s Health Care News named her one of its ten “Outstanding Hospital Lawyers” for 2009.
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 1987
- Bucknell University, B.A., 1982
- District of Columbia
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- Member – American Bar Association
- Member – American Health Lawyers Association
- Member – Maryland State Bar Association
- Maryland Chapter of the Arthritis Foundation
- Ober|Kaler Mentoring Program
Rate : $$$$