Leslie Fisher assists clients with compliance and litigation matters, including federal and state consumer protection and consumer finance litigation in bankruptcy and federal courts.
She is admitted to practice in Texas state courts; the US District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas; and the US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- Federal and state court defense of corporations and financial institutions including national banks, mortgage originators, servicers, and investors in lawsuits and contested foreclosures involving claims arising under the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Consumer Finance Protection Board (CFPB), and those based on state fair lending, collection and deceptive trade practice laws, breach of contract, fraud and state regulations
- In-house corporate and transactional counsel for mortgage servicer
- Associate handling mergers and acquisitions, including public and private securities offerings, securities regulations compliance and reporting, and corporate governance at several AmLaw 100 law firms
- Staff Attorney, Enforcement Division, US Securities and Exchange Commission
- JD, Southern Methodist University, cum laude; SMU Law Review, editor, Annual Survey of Texas Law, 2000
- MBA, Southern Methodist University, 2000
- BS, Southern Methodist University, cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa; SMU Honors Program; Departmental Distinction – Political Science, 1993
Rate : $$$