Leslie A. Okinaka has experience in design and administration of qualified and nonqualified deferred compensation plans and welfare plans, and has advised as to health care reform issues, executive compensation, investment of plan assets and employee benefit matters in mergers and acquisitions.
She also has experience in income tax aspects of renewable energy financings, syndicated loans, and equipment and facility leveraged lease transactions.
- Advised as to design and administration of stock-based compensation plans and related documents, including award agreements, proxy disclosures and prospectuses.
- Advised as to application and implementation of Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and assisted in design and launch of the firm’s new website introducing issues relating to new health care reform legislation.
- Advised as to investment of plan assets in limited partnerships, hedge funds and other non-public entities.
- Advised as to employee benefit issues in mergers and acquisitions.
- Advised as to issues relating to sale and offering of asset back securities to employee benefit plans.
- Advised as to parachute excise tax and deduction limits applied in a change of control.
- Structured and advised in transactions for renewable energy projects qualifying for tax credits or Department of Treasury grants.
- Advised lenders and borrowers in various financings and provisions of credit support.
- Advised investors in various domestic and foreign equipment and facility sale and leaseback transactions.
- JD, Boston University School of Law, 1990
- BA, English, Williams College, 1987
- New York
Rate : $$$$