Lester Perling is a board-certified health law attorney with extensive experience in compliance, enforcement, and reimbursement matters. Mr. Perling’s practice focuses on advising healthcare providers of all types with regard to complying with federal and state laws, with emphasis on Stark law and reimbursement/billing compliance.
He represents providers when they are the subject of government and private payer audits, including the appeals of audit findings, as well as federal and state administrative, civil, and criminal investigations pertaining to healthcare fraud and abuse.
He also advises healthcare clients with regard to regulatory compliance in the context of transactions and business structures. Mr. Perling has more than 10 years of experience as a healthcare executive. He held various administrative positions, including Chief Executive Officer, with investor-owned and community hospitals of all types.
He is a past adjunct faculty member at Florida International University, teaching health law in its Health Care MBA program. Mr. Perling has also taught courses at Florida Atlantic University and Nova Southeastern University School of Business and Entrepreneurship in provider group practice dynamics, fraud and abuse, and risk management.
- University of Miami School of Law, JD, magna cum laude (1994)
- Georgia State University, MHA, Master of Health Administration (1980)
- Georgia State University, BA (1976)
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Member, The Florida Bar
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$