Lewis Popoff is a partner in the Corporate and Securities Practice Group in Chicago. He advises clients on a wide range of transactional matters and has closed transactions for companies around the world in a variety of industries.
Lewis sits on the Firm’s North America W&I Working Group, advising the wider North American M&A team on warranty & indemnity/representation & warranty insurance developments and best practices.
He previously served as the director of knowledge management for the Firm’s North America Corporate and Securities practice group from 2005 to 2010, where his responsibilities included advising the Firm’s clients and lawyers on best practices related to M&A.
Lewis focuses on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and other strategic transactions, with an emphasis on cross-border transactions, including inbound and outbound investments to and from the United States.
Lewis has acted for several major domestic and non-US healthcare, industrial, mining, packaging and technology companies on significant transactions throughout the world.
- Indiana University (MBA) (1998)
- Indiana University School of Law (J.D. cum laude) (1998)
- University of Michigan (B.A. Business Administration high distinction) (1994)
Admissions : Illinois~United States (1998)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association – Member
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation – Member
Representative Legal Matters:
- Advised John Bean Technologies, the NYSE listed global technology solutions provider to high-value segments of the food and beverage industries, on its acquisition of Tipper Tie, a leading provider of engineered processing and packaging solutions, from Dover Corporation.
- Advised Merit Medical Systems, the NASDAQ listed global developer, manufacturer and marketer of medical devices used in interventional and diagnostic procedures, on its acquisition of the critical care business from Argon Medical Devices.
- Advised Viscofan Group, the BME listed global leader in the manufacturing, production and distribution of casings for the meat industry, on its acquisition of privately held Vector Packaging USA and Vector Packaging Europe.
- Advised an NYSE listed global leader in mission-critical communication products and services on its manufacturing and distribution outsourcing transactions in Germany and Malaysia.
Rate : $$$