Years of doctoral and industry research on chemical sciences give Li Feng, Ph.D., a practical understanding of the innovation process, which she applies across the broad range of technologies she works with, including pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, chemical, agriculture, nanotechnology, cosmetic, and metallurgy.
Li practices patent litigation before U.S. district courts, post-grant proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), patent prosecution, opinions and counseling, and due diligence. Her technical experience spans a broad range of technologies, including pharmaceutical, biologics, biotechnology, medical device, chemical, agriculture, nanotechnology, cosmetic, and metallurgy.
Li has represented a number of pharmaceutical companies in Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) pre-litigation and litigation. She manages a large pharmaceutical patent portfolio covering multiple clinical drug candidates and has successfully represented companies in PTAB proceedings in the areas of biopharmaceuticals, biotechnology and electronics. Li also frequently speaks on intellectual property topics.
Prior to practicing law, Li was engaged in extensive academic and industry research, through which she gained broad knowledge and hands-on experience in a wide range of fields, including drug discovery, pharmaceutical analysis and formulation, antibodies, assay development, medicinal chemistry, protein chemistry, molecular biology, and computer-based molecular modeling.
- University of Utah J.D., with high honors, 2008
- University of Utah Ph.D., Medicinal Chemistry, 1999
- Peking University M.S., Physical Chemistry, 1993
- Peking University B.S., Chemistry, 1990
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, C.D. California
- U.S. District Court, N.D. California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Professional Activities :
- Chinese American Biopharmaceutical Society (CABS) (Executive Council, 2016-present)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA) (liason of IP Law in China and Biotechnology Committees, 2011-2012; co-editor of FDA Committee Flash, 2014-2015; program coordinator of FDA Committee, 2015-2017)
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI) (member of Standing Committee on Pharms and Biotechnology, 2014-present)
- California Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Chinese Association for Science and Technology
- World Association of Chinese Technology Matters
Rate : $$$