Lia Der Marderosian is a leading corporate lawyer and trusted business advisor who helps clients navigate complex issues unique to the life sciences industry. She leads the firm’s Transactional Department as chair and has developed an exceptional practice representing life sciences companies—including biotechnology, pharmaceutical and healthcare companies—in a variety of corporate and securities law matters for nearly 20 years.
Ms. Der Marderosian deeply enjoys learning about, and working with, life sciences companies to understand the complexities of their businesses. She provides ongoing counsel to boards, management teams and in-house counsel on general corporate matters, including formation, corporate governance, commercial transactions, financings and SEC compliance matters.
By combining strategic business advice and experienced legal counsel, she provides practical, solutions-oriented advice during all stages of the company lifecycle. Ms. Der Marderosian has extensive experience in structuring and negotiating transactions that will successfully advance a product from the discovery phase to commercialization.
She has advised on numerous venture capital and strategic financings, initial public offerings, follow-on and other offerings, PIPEs and mergers and acquisitions. In addition, Ms. Der Marderosian has a robust startup practice and has advised numerous entrepreneurs and emerging companies from formation to exit.
Ms. Der Marderosian is a member of the Board of Directors of Project Bread and is a member of the Board of Trustees of Epiphany School. Ms. Der Marderosian is a frequent speaker on corporate transactions, governance and other matters relating to life sciences and biotechnology companies.
She is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association and the Boston Bar Association. Ms. Der Marderosian is also a member of the firm’s Women’s Leadership Initiative and Hiring Committee.
- Represents clients ranging from private companies in various stages of development to mature public companies with particular focus on the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and life sciences sectors. Clients include Alcresta Therapeutics, Inc., Constellation Pharmaceuticals, Fulcrum Therapeutics, Kala Pharmaceuticals, Spark Therapeutics, Visterra and XTuit Pharmaceuticals.
- Bellerophon Therapeutics, Inc. in its initial public offering;
- Decibel Therapeutics, Inc. in its Series C financing;
- Kala Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in multiple preferred stock financings;
- Visterra in multiple preferred stock financings.
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 1998
- BS, Psychology, University of Massachusetts, Boston, 1995
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts
Rate : $$$