Lia Toback is Counsel in Simpson Thacher’s New York office and a member of the Firm’s Capital Markets Practice. Lia focuses on corporate finance transactions and has represented both issuers and investment banks in initial public offerings, high yield financings and other domestic and international capital raising transactions. Lia has a particular focus in offerings of equity-linked securities, such as optional and mandatory convertible and exchangeable debt and preferred stock.
Representative transactions on which Lia has worked include:
- Sirius XM Holdings in connection with multiple Rule 144A/Regulation S offerings by its subsidiary, Sirius XM Radio, totaling $8.25 billion since 2013
- Teleflex in connection with its acquisitions of NeoTract and Vascular Solutions, and in multiple registered offerings totaling $900 million
- Carbonite, Inc. in its $143.8 million convertible senior notes offering
- Initial purchasers in the offering of $230 million convertible senior notes by Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporation
- Initial purchasers in connection with two Rule 144A/Regulation S offerings by ON Semiconductor Corporation of convertible senior notes totaling $1.175 billion
- Initial purchasers in connection with offerings of secured high yield notes and convertible notes of Unisys Corporation
- La Quinta Holdings in the spin-off of its real estate business into a publicly-traded real estate investment trust, and in its IPO and subsequent secondary offerings totaling $890 million
- Telesat Canada in a recapitalization, including $500 million of high yield notes, and ongoing financing related matters
Lia received her B.A. from the University of Pennsylvania, magna cum laude, and her J.D. from George Washington University, magna cum laude, where she was Order of the Coif. She is admitted to practice in New York.
- George Washington University Law School, 2007 J.D.
- magna cum laude; Order of the Coif
- University of Pennsylvania, 2004 B.A.
- magna cum laude
Admissions : New York 2008
Rate : $$$