“Love What You Do” is on a sign in Libby Baney’s office for good reason: she loves her work as a dynamic public policy advocate, lawyer, strategist and facilitator. Clients hire her to delve deep in the issues, devise a strategy and execute on many fronts.
Libby works primarily on policies and issues confronting health stakeholders, but she also touches on the insurance and financial services industries. She has built trusted relationships with U.S. and international government agencies, law enforcement, and policymakers on both sides of the aisle.
Much of Libby’s work relates to digital health — the intersection of internet, technology and health, including :
- Internet pharmacies and pharmacy compliance.
- Opioid and substance use disorder issues online, including the Ryan Haight Act.
- Counterfeit, falsified and substandard medicines.
- Internet governance and ICANN policy.
- International regulatory harmonization and capacity building.
For more on these issues, check out the Digital Health Law and Policy LinkedIn Group that Libby helps lead. She also helped found and currently advises the Alliance for Safe Online Pharmacies Global (ASOP Global) and the ASOP Global Foundation, two globally-active nonprofit organizations dedicated to addressing illegal online drug sellers.
Due to the internet’s broad reach, public health, patient safety and compliance with the rule of law are inherently global — and so is Libby’s work. Libby counsels clients on issues involving governments and private sector stakeholders in the European Union, India, Canada, Asia and Latin America.
She participates in global Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) meetings and working groups, engages in various forums within the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation’s Regulatory Harmonization Steering Committee (RHSC), and often collaborates with other multilateral organizations.
Libby serves clients of Faegre Baker Daniels Consulting as a consulting professional, and does not act as a lawyer for those clients. Separately, Libby serves other clients as a lawyer for Faegre Baker Daniels LLP. She can help you decide which services are best for you. Learn more.
- Indiana University, Bloomington, J.D.
- Indiana University, Bloomington, B.A. with highest distinction (2004)
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia
Professional Associations :
- American Society of Pharmacy Law
- D.C. Bar Association
Civic Activities :
- American Telemedicine Association — Standards and Guidelines Committee Workgroup and Invited Expert Advisor
- Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) — Regulatory Harmonization Steering Committee, Internet Sales Working Group
- Federation of State Medical Boards Expert Working Group on Telemedicine Consultations
- National Association of Boards of Pharmacy — .pharmacy gTLD Advisory Committee.
Rate : $$$