Linda Friedman is a veteran of the intellectual property, antitrust, and business torts bars, with 40 years of experience as a litigator and counselor. She is named in The Best Lawyers in America® for Intellectual Property and Franchise Law, and in Alabama Super Lawyers for Intellectual Property.
Linda is a past chair of the Alabama Bar Association’s Section of Antitrust and Business Torts, and has lectured frequently on trademark and copyright topics, and trade secret protection, as well as state and federal antitrust issues.
Linda’s litigation practice concentrates in trade regulation and marketing matters, including competitive torts, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, franchisee/franchisor disputes, distributor/supplier disputes, antitrust, and covenants not to compete. She regularly advises clients in these areas and on contract and distribution issues, and software contracts.
Her practice includes selection, registration, and protection of trademarks; copyrights; licensing; and dispute resolutions. Linda has assisted clients in filing trademark applications in approximately 90 countries, and has defended and prosecuted opposition and cancellation proceedings in the U.S. and several foreign countries.
Linda has defended as well as prosecuted numerous intellectual property cases in federal district courts and on appeal to U.S. Courts of Appeals and before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. She recently served on a Task Force of the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals to draft pattern jury instructions in copyright cases.
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 1976, Vanderbilt Law Review, Associate Editor
- Kenyon College, A.B., 1973, (three years, including one year at Sorbonne, University of Paris); awarded A.B. summa cum laude (French literature) 1973; Phi Beta Kappa
Clerkships : UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT, NORTHERN DISTRICT OF ALABAMA
Professional & Community Activitie:
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, Drafting Committee on Pattern Jury Instructions for Copyright Cases, 2016, 2011
- The Women’s Fund of Greater Birmingham, 20th Anniversary Campaign Committee; Past Board Chair and Board Member
- The Women’s Section of the Birmingham Bar Association, Board, 2016-present, 2010-2012
- Alabama Law Institute Trademark Committee, drafting amendments to state trademark statute, 2009
Rate : $$$$