Linda Klein is senior managing shareholder at Baker Donelson and is the past president of the American Bar Association. Ms. Klein’s practice includes most types of business dispute prevention and resolution, internal investigations, contract law, professional liability, and risk and crisis management. She has worked extensively with clients in the construction, higher education and pharmaceutical industries.
Ms. Klein is the past president for the American Bar Association (ABA), the world’s largest voluntary professional association. She previously served as chair of the ABA’s House of Delegates, the association’s policy making body.
She has also served as chair of the Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section, chair of the Committee on Rules and Calendar of the House of Delegates, chair of the Coalition for Justice, and chair of ABA Day, the Association’s Congressional outreach effort.
She is a recent member of the Council of the ABA Section of International Law and also served as a columnist and on the Board of Editors of Law Practice Management Magazine. In 2013 Ms. Klein had the honor of being a McGlothlin fellow on the campuses of William and Mary’s Business and Law Schools.
She delivered the commencement addresses at Georgia State University College of Law (2017), Cleveland-Marshall College of Law (2017), Pepperdine University School of Law (2016), and Washington and Lee University School of Law (2012).
In 2009 Ms. Klein was honored with the Randolph Thrower Award for Lifetime Achievement and was named to the YWCA Academy of Women Achievers. In 2004 the American Bar Association honored Ms. Klein with the prestigious Margaret Brent Achievement Award.
She currently serves on the executive committee of the Buckhead Coalition, on the advisory boards of Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers. She is a past president of Southface Energy Institute, the Board of Directors’ Network, the Caucus of State Bars, and past chair of both the Institute for Continuing Legal Education in Georgia and the Lawyers Foundation of Georgia. She also served a six-year term on Baker Donelson’s Board of Directors.
Ms. Klein has authored numerous published works. Her lecture schedule has included presentations in France, Sweden, Spain, Russia, Great Britain and Canada, but most extensively in the southeast United States. She is a member of the American Law Institute, and a mediator and arbitrator, frequently serving as a neutral as well as a client advocate.
- Washington & Lee University, J.D., 1983
- Doctorate of Laws, honoris causa, Atlanta’s John Marshall Law School, 2018
- Doctorate of Laws, honoris causa, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, 2017
- Doctorate of Laws, honoris causa, Pepperdine University School of Law, 2016
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Recipient of the Daily Report’s Attorney of the Year Award (2018)
- Recipient of the State Bar of Georgia’s Marshall-Tuttle Award (2018)
- Recipient of the National Association of Women Judges Florence K. Murray Award (2017)
- Recipient of the Georgia State Senate Resolution 380 (2017)
- Named to the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals (2016)
- Board of Directors and Executive Committee – Buckhead Coalition
- Co-chair – Friends Committee of the National Association of Women Judges Mid-Year Meeting and Southeastern Leadership Conference (2009)
- Board of Directors and Secretary – Neighbor to Family, Inc. (2005 – current)
- Scholarship Fundraising Committee – Cool Girls (2003 – 2004)
- Leadership Georgia, Class of 1997; Leadership Georgia Foundation (1997 – current)
Rate : $$$