Linda Goldstein is widely recognized as one of the leading advertising lawyers in the country. She regularly provides advertising counsel and regulatory advice to leading Fortune 500 and Fortune 100 companies in many different product and service categories, including telecommunications, wireless, retailing, publishing, entertainment, digital media, gaming, food and beverage, and financial services.
She represents clients in investigative and enforcement proceedings brought by the Federal Trade Commission, state attorneys general, district attorneys, and other federal and state agencies with jurisdiction over advertising and marketing practices, and she has handled some of the highest-profile matters, setting industry precedents.
Immersed in all aspects of the digital media ecosystem, Linda spends much of her time advising clients on how to minimize the legal risks associated with mobile marketing, e-retail, online communities, social influencers, native advertising, email and telemarketing, sweepstakes and contests, fantasy sports leagues, and casual gaming.
Linda also handles all transactional matters relating to the dissemination of advertising campaigns, including sponsorship agreements, agency-client agreements, talent and music agreements, and production agreements.
- Represented a leading social network in a landmark case brought by the FTC involving the application of the FTC’s Testimonial and Endorsement Guides to social influencer networks.
- Represented major entertainment companies in an industrywide class action challenging text message sweepstakes as violative of federal and state lottery laws.
- On behalf of a leading wireless carrier, successfully challenged a competitor’s national campaign, requiring the competitor to discontinue the entire campaign.
- Represented a major sports league in connection with its participation in Fan Duel and Draft Kings daily fantasy games.
- Advised a national online retailer in connection with the development of its entire pricing structure and pricing programs.
- Played a key role in developing public policy positions for the Brand Activation Association on a variety of promotion-related issues, and has advocated for the industry’s agenda in the legal, legislative and regulatory arenas.
- Electronic Retailing Association
- Brand Activation Association
- Gaming Law Review and Economics, Editorial Board: Member
- Word of Mouth Marketing Association
Community : Planned Parenthood, Hudson Peconic: Board Member
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 1978
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 1975, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Admissions : New York
Rate : $$$