Linda Peacock, a shareholder in the Birmingham office, concentrates her practice in the areas of mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures; aviation law; the development, sale, and leasing of commercial real estate; commercial loan and other debt financing transactions; corporate finance; and general corporate and business advice.
Ms. Peacock regularly represents companies in aviation, real estate development, mining, construction materials, manufacturing, distribution, and service industries.
Ms. Peacock has also represented private and publicly held companies for many years on a variety of matters, including mining and raw materials agreements, negotiating and drafting leases, contract mining agreements, rail agreements, domestic and foreign sales agreements, environmental, health and safety issues, surface mining and reclamation, and hauling and heavy equipment.
She also represents both lenders and companies in their aircraft financing, and purchases and sales, both domestically and internationally, involving both original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and private parties.
Representations in the aviation industry have included aircraft and equipment leasing (wet and dry), aircraft acquisitions, domestic and international aircraft registration, aircraft sales, purchases and leases; finance and debt matters, including secured and unsecured credit and bond facilities, completion contracts and distribution agreements; FAA regulatory matters including the filing and prosecution of Supplemental Type Certificates, Part 91, 135 and 145 regulatory issues; and compliance matters.
Ms. Peacock also assists with tax issues, aircraft ownership structuring, aviation finance and asset securitization matters, and domestic and international aircraft registration. As to the real estate and mining industry sector representations, she has helped clients with leases, purchase and sale agreements for commercial properties, option agreements, development agreements, annexation, zoning, brokerage and agency agreements, and project financing.
Ms. Peacock has extensive experience as lead counsel for a publicly-held company on complex transactions, in highly regulated industries, before a variety of federal, state, and local agencies, including the Federal Aviation Administration, and greenfield and ongoing mining projects, sales and acquisitions of construction aggregates businesses and related industries.
Ms. Peacock also has experience in the area of business organization in the formation of corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies, including structuring and drafting of complex shareholders agreements, partnership agreements, and limited liability company operating agreements.
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 1990
- Birmingham Southern College, B.A., 1987
- District of Columbia, 1992
- Minnesota, 1992
- Alabama, 1990
- District of Columbia Circuit Court
- Oversaw aircraft and equipment leases (both wet and dry) for multiple aircraft types, on both a domestic and international scale as well as regulatory compliance issues for both Part 91 and Part 135 operators.
- Developed international aircraft and equipment leases and the concurrent equipment securitization.
- Assisted fixed base operator (FBO) client with leasing and fuel agreements, as well as hangar and aircraft maintenance issues.
- Represented lenders in multiple loans and accompanying securitizations for varying aircraft.
Professional Honors & Activities :
- Listed as among B-Metro Magazine’s “Top Flight Attorneys” (2018)
- Listed as among B-Metro Magazine’s “Top Women Lawyers” (2015 – 2018)
- Member – American, Alabama, Minnesota and District of Columbia Bar Associations
Rate : $$$