Linda Giunta Michaelson is Practice Group Leader of the firm’s Corporate and Securities Practice Group. Ms. Michaelson spent two years in the firm’s London office, from 2011-2013, and is based in the firm’s Century City office. Ms. Michaelson is also Team Leader of the Entertainment and Digital Media Industry Team.
Ms. Michaelson’s practice focuses on the representation of companies involved in corporate transactions primarily in the entertainment and digital media, technology, fashion and apparel, renewable energy, and healthcare industries.
Ms. Michaelson represents major motion picture studios, television networks, independent production companies, digital media companies, investors and other institutional entertainment, media and convergence clients in strategic transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances and other corporate finance transactions around the world.
Ms. Michaelson represents public and private companies in a variety of corporate transactions including formation planning, mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances, public and private equity and debt offerings, corporate governance, executive employment and compensation structures, and relationships among shareholders, among other general corporate matters. Ms. Michaelson’s clients range from individuals and privately held companies to publicly-traded corporations.
- J.D., Emory University, 1990, member and Articles Editor of the Emory University Law Review
- B.A., Ursinus College, 1987, summa cum laude
Admissions : California
- Levity Entertainment Group in its acquisition of interests in the comedy club brand, The Improv.
- TBS in a joint venture with Conan O’Brien, Jeff Ross and Team Coco, with respect to television, digital and other media.
- U.S. counsel to Kew Media Group in its acquisition of Content Media Corporation, and Essential Quail Media Group.
- Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. (NYSE:LGF) in its acquisition of an entity stake in Pilgrim Media Group, LLC.
- Banijay Entertainment SAS in its acquisition of a majority stake in Stephen David Entertainment LLC.
- US counsel to Bwin.Party Digital Entertainment plc in the sale of WPT Enterprises, Inc. (World Poker Tour) to Our Game International Holdings Limited.
- Outcast Media International in a combination with Adtekmedia, Inc. and Captive Media Network, LLC to form Outcast Media Holdings, Inc., including an investment by Parthenon Capital.
- RadNet, Inc. (Nasdaq: RDNT) in its tender to purchase for cash its $200 million aggregate principal amount of 10 3/8% senior notes and related consent solicitation.
Rate : $$$$