Linda Regis-Hallinan focuses her practice on white-collar criminal and government regulatory investigations of individuals and foreign and domestic corporations and internal corporate investigations, particularly involving the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).
She also has experience in complex commercial litigation and arbitration, including securities and antitrust litigation and contract disputes. Prior to joining the firm, she was of counsel in the white-collar litigation and investigations practice group of the New York office of a national law firm.
Linda previously clerked for the Honorable Barbara S. Jones, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York. Linda earned her bachelor’s degree from the University of Illinois. Linda graduated first in her class and earned her law degree, summa cum laude, from Pace Law School.
- Represented the audit committee and supervisory board of an Italian company in connection with an internal investigation of the acquisition of oil rights in Nigeria.
- Represented the trustees of a Lichtenstein trust in connection with an internal investigation into alleged improper payments related to mining concessions obtained in Africa.
- Conducted an internal investigation for a major U.S. technology company of potential violations of the FCPA and other alleged wrongdoing in connection with a Russian state-owned company.
- Advised multinational corporations on compliance issues and risks, including assessing and developing anticorruption compliance programs and conducting FCPA due diligence in connection with mergers and acquisitions.
- Represented various employees of a major financial institution in connection with a federal investigation of the London Interbank Offer Rate.
- Represented a major financial institution in its settlements with federal and state criminal and regulatory authorities related to the bank’s international payments practices and potential OFAC violations.
- Represented a global pharmaceutical company in multiple civil class action litigation relating to one of the largest price-fixing cases ever filed.
- Represented a major international financial institution in an ICDR arbitration in connection with the bank’s private equity investment in a Chinese start-up company.
- Represented the New York Police Department in connection with a civil rights case filed in the Southern District of New York, which went to trial and resulted in a jury verdict for the defendant.
- Pace University School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2000
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.S., 1988
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York
- Hon. Barbara S. Jones, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
Rate : $$$