Ms. Linda Genero Sklaren has more than 30 years of litigation experience, including trials, mediation, arbitration, and voluminous motion and appellate practice, including appeals to the New York State Court of Appeals. She focuses on commercial, matrimonial and trusts and estates law.
Ms. Sklaren was part of the team that wrote the winning briefs, on behalf of the child, in the landmark family law decision Matter of Brooke S.B. v. Elizabeth A.C. C., __, N.E. 3d __, 2016 N.Y. Slip Op., 05903, 2016 WL 4507780 (August 30, 2016), which overturned twenty-five years of precedent defining who is a “parent” under New York’s Domestic Relations Law.
She has represented a wide variety of clients in commercial matters, including project developers and owners, engineers, architects, contractors, construction managers, foreign and domestic corporations, domestic and international carriers, an oil company, banks and investment banking institutions.
Her clients include plaintiffs and defendants in class action lawsuits and she acted as lead defense and liaison counsel for more than 75 individuals, in a multi-district securities fraud action in the U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York.
Ms. Sklaren represents high net-worth individuals in matrimonial litigation and regularly advises clients on business, litigation avoidance and civil discovery issues.
- New York County Lawyers Association
- Berman Paley Goldstein & Kannry, LLP, Partner
- Herzfeld & Rubin, PC, Of Counsel
- Law Department of the City of New York, Assistant Corporation Counsel, Commercial Litigation Division
- Miller Canfield Paddock & Stone, P.L.C., Associate
- Tehran American High School, Tehran, Iran
- Boston University, School of Fine Arts, B.Music, Performance/Voice Major
- Mozarteum, Salzburg, Austria, Certificate of Study, Voice
- University of Detroit School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1983
- 1983, Michigan
- 1985, New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 3d Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
Rate : $$$