Lindsay LaCava is a partner of the Firm’s Tax Practice Group in New York and advises individual and business clients on a full range of state and local tax issues. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Ms. LaCava was a partner in the state and local tax group of an international law firm.
In addition, she previously worked at a Big Four accounting firm, where her practice focused exclusively on state and local tax. Ms. LaCava speaks on a variety of state tax topics at events around the country and also frequently writes about state and local tax issues.
Ms. LaCava focuses her practice on state and local tax. She assists businesses and individuals with state and local tax planning and litigation matters. In the controversy area, she represents taxpayers at all levels of state and local tax disputes throughout the country, including the audit, administrative appeal, and state trial, appellate and supreme court stages.
In the transactional planning and consulting area, Ms. LaCava advises clients with respect to the state and local tax impact of various transactions and activities, including business activity taxes, sales and use taxes, transfer taxes, and personal income taxes.
- New York University School of Law (LLM Taxation) (2009)
- New York University School of Law (Master of Science Taxation) (2009)
- Quinnipiac University School of Law (J.D. summa cum laude) (2005)
- University of Connecticut (B.S. magna cum laude) (2002)
- U.S. Supreme Court~United States (2015)
- U.S. Tax Court~United States (2007)
- New York~United States (2006)
- Connecticut~United States (2005)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association – Tax Section, State and Local Tax Committee
- Connecticut Bar Association – Executive Committee, Tax Section
- New York Bar Association – Tax Section
Rate : $$$