Lindsay Wright Brett is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Houston office. She focuses her practice on complex commercial disputes, international arbitration, and internal investigations. She also has significant experience in representing management in all aspects of labor and employment litigation.
In addition, Lindsay is Co-Chair of the Houston office’s Pro Bono Committee, and is committed to her pro bono practice, including the upcoming Texas Children’s Rights Summit.
Lindsay primarily focuses her practice on complex commercial disputes and represents clients from a variety of industries in international and domestic arbitrations, including in front of the ICC, LCIA, ICDR, and AAA, as well as in US federal and state court.
She also has experience in corporate compliance counseling, internal investigations, and grand jury investigations. Additionally, Lindsay represents management in all aspects of labor and employment law, including defending employers in cases involving employment discrimination, breach of employment contract, and other employee-related claims.
Lindsay’s experience in litigation, arbitration, and corporate compliance work extends to a host of international matters involving clients and/or issues in Brazil, Canada, France, Italy, Japan, Hong Kong, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Turkmenistan, and the United Kingdom.
- Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law (J.D. cum laude) (2011)
- University of Notre Dame (B.A.) (2008)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas~United States (2012)
- Texas~United States (2011)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association – Member
- Houston Bar Association – Member
- Texas Young Lawyers Association – Member
Representative Legal Matters:
- Obtained USD 45 million ICC arbitration award against a UAE entity on behalf of an oil and gas drilling company for a breach of drilling contract.
- Represented a publicly traded company in an ICC French law arbitration involving post-closing adjustment and indemnity disputes arising out of a acquisition worth over USD 300 million.
- Obtained a multimillion dollar AAA arbitration award in a breach of executive agreement case on behalf of a multinational energy trading company.
- Represented an energy company under federal investigation.
- Obtained a multimillion dollar settlement for a British exporter in US federal court litigation.
- Defended a commercial airline against allegations of systemic disability discrimination.
Rate : $$$