Lindsey Barnhart is a litigator who focuses her practice on complex class actions and commercial litigation. She has handled matters involving a range of issues, such as false advertising, breach of contract, warranty, FCRA, and intellectual property claims, across a wide array of industries.
Ms. Barnhart has substantive experience in all stages of litigation, including dispositive motions, fact and expert depositions, class certification, ADR, and appeals, and has argued discovery motions and motions to dismiss in both federal and state court.
- Stanford Law School, J.D., 2013
- Northwestern University, B.A., 2006
Judicial Clerkship : Hon. Haywood S. Gilliam, Jr., U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, 2015 – 2016
Bar Admissions : California
Representative Matters :
- Representing major telecommunications equipment manufacturer in class action litigation regarding allegedly defective mobile phones.
- Representing Fortune 500 consumer products company in class action litigation in multiple states regarding marketing and labeling of certain consumer products.
- Successfully represented one of the nation’s leading financial institutions in numerous lawsuits asserting FCRA violations.
- Successfully represented multinational technology company in breach of license agreement and copyright infringement litigation.
- Successfully represented venture capital funds in breach of contract dispute concerning earn-out payments, resulting in $34 million judgment after bench trial.
- Successfully represented nutritional supplement manufacturer in consumer protection class action based on false advertising claims under California law.
Pro Bono :
- Representing transgender individual in civil rights lawsuit based on denial of medical care.
- Representing individual plaintiffs asserting consumer protection claims against amusement park company.
- Successfully represented co-founders of national racial justice organization in defending against litigation in multiple states.
- Successfully represented non-profit organization in breach of contract dispute.
Memberships and Affiliations :
- State Bar of California
- BALIF Bar Association
Rate : $$$$