Lindsey D’Andrea’s substantive experience as a trial attorney benefits her labor and employment practice. She frequently represents public and private employers in the healthcare, transportation and hospitality industries, including serving as an advocate during on-site audits performed by the Department of Labor and Federal Railroad Administration.
Personable and hardworking, Lindsey also provides practical advice to in-house counsel, human resources personnel, and C-suite executives on separation agreements, employee documents and workplace risks, such as those associated with Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, various whistleblower laws and related state laws.
A comprehensive counsel, Lindsey’s skills also include investigating and responding to administrative charges filed with various governmental agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Ohio Civil Rights Commission, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- Served as co-counsel in the defense of a sexual harassment and discrimination case against a large corporate defendant that included numerous depositions of management and nonmanagement employees. Played a significant role in obtaining summary judgment on all counts for the corporate defendant.
- Served as co-counsel in the defense of various federal and state law employment-related claims for large corporate defendants. Responsible for managing discovery, taking and defending depositions, drafting motions for summary judgment, preparing for jury trials and examining witnesses during trial.
- Has exposure to employers with unionized workforces that extends to the railroad and airline industries by assisting in the defense of appeals brought pursuant to the Federal Rail Safety Act and the Wendell H. Ford Aviation Investment and Reform Act for the 21st Century.
- Provides ongoing employment counseling to a number of employers throughout the state, including the review and analysis of employee handbooks, consultation regarding termination decisions, and the review and analysis of various employment policies currently in place or that employers seek to implement.
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio Women’s Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- The Supreme Court of Ohio Lawyer to Lawyer Mentoring Program
- Columbus Humane: Special Ambassador (2018)
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, Mentoring and More Program: Past Mentor
- Women for Economic and Leadership Development
- Kappa Alpha Theta Facility Corporation Board: Past Vice President
- J.D., The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, 2009; Ohio State Bar Association Award for Excellence in Labor and Employment Law
- B.A., The Ohio State University, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Rate : $$$