Lindsey B. Mann litigates a wide range of business disputes. She works with clients to help them achieve their business goals and uses creative problem-solving strategies to assess and reduce risk and to avoid costly litigation whenever possible.
For more than 10 years, Lindsey has represented clients in high-stakes commercial litigation, including contract disputes, business torts, ERISA claims and environmental claims, with a special focus on class actions.
Often, such litigation involves putative class claims that raise the potential risk and exposure exponentially. Lindsey takes a pragmatic approach and brings to bear her knowledge of local and federal rules, her experience in managing complex disputes, and her background in e-discovery to resolve these claims as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
Representative Matters :
- Defended a nonprofit hospital system in a class action involving claims for RICO violations, fraud and negligent misrepresentation arising out of the filing of hospital liens.
- Represented a state-chartered bank in defense of multiple class actions involving claims for breach of contract, conversion and usury arising out of the bank’s assessment of overdraft fees.
- Counseled an e-cigarette manufacturer in defense of a class action involving false advertising claims.
- Served as counsel to an automotive parts manufacturer in defense of a class action involving claims for nuisance, negligence and trespass related to alleged groundwater contamination.
- Represented a national utility in defense of a class action challenging the assessment of municipal franchise fees.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Barrister, Lamar Inn of Court
- Volunteer, Emory Trial Techniques
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2007
- Furman University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2004
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Georgia State Courts
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
Rate : $$$